25 Kasım 2012

[Post Skyfall *Spoiler Alert*]

charlie's angels is supposed to be the movie where I enjoy seeing the characters jump up and down, carrying on without a scratch and still make it to work on time. it seems like james bond has taken over such duty beyond the point of action, right across the bridge to logic and hand in hand with stupidity. and you don't enjoy it. being a suited up super hero is something, but falling into an ice lake and coming out of the water with jokes and all is something different. seriously guys, on the 50th anniversary, have you considered where you've taken bond to? I can live with another M for sure, especially when new M is ralph fiennes. but puh-lease, letting go of judi dench with a bullet / or something from a gun with another bond-ish name is unacceptable! seriously, pull your shit together. I'm not a big fan of bond, yet I've always enjoyed that man with his fancy gadgets and neatly cut suits. in this movie, all we've got was lots and lots of suits, unshaven bond and a gun. oh, and the radio. big game. disappointment would be middle name of bond. shame on you, for taking me to a place where I rooted for the bad guy who by the way was javier bardem. no words for him though. he was brilliant. even his chuckles made me appreciate his presence in the movie. now, another big issue. not to me, but for the bond legacy itself I think. where is the god damn bond girl who is supposed to get out of the sea, huh? all we could see was an alright-she-is-beautiful kinda woman and witness her death by the brilliant javier bardem. she is supposed to be the wow-now-that's-a-goddess kinda woman. besides, that so-called sex scene in the shower, boy, I've no words for it. no wait, I think I have something. boredom. yes. boredom.
also, about the name of the movie, I'm so disappointed. maybe the book itself was disappointing, but I highly doubt so. when you say skyfall, a plane comes up to my mind. or a literal skyfall just like before the opening credits. but all we got was an eerie mansion where bond grew up. ok. that's fine. I can accept it just like another 'rosebud' issue. one must note though, this movie is nowhere near citizen kane. by 'rosebud' I only intend to refer to little details that make up the whole movie. as I was saying, I can live with this 'rosebud' issue. but, naming the movie as such is a bit much, don't you think? especially when you don't give out any detail about the loss of bond. If only we could learn more about this place in the movie, I would've appreciated it as a viewer and not a reader of Bond series. 
about the part of the film which took place in Turkey, I'm furious about it. in complete awe that is. I can live with only using the name Istanbul in the movie, though some of the scenes were filmed in Adana. after all, Istanbul is the center which attracts the tourists the most. however, using a setting which shows this beautiful city just like another middle eastern city with lots and lots of spice bazaars is degenerate. all those wide angles about shanghai and what's its name island in all its glory with candles and all vs. impotent policeman in istanbul. If only we could have the chance to sue your ass guys, if only we had the chance. [sorry for getting all sentimental about this part, but again, from an inner perspective, it was simply unacceptable to digest it I presume.] oh, about that motorcycle chasing scene on top of Kapalıçarşı [Grand Bazaar], it was charlie's angels like, I kinda enjoyed it. But that train scene where Bond 'played' with a CAT and broke the top of the train full of passengers and ran after the bad guy, it was stupid. always and always, the viewer comes face to face with some scenes where they say 'OK, they -the government, the secret service or whatever- can handle this hush hush situation fine' but this, this was pushing way out of limits. I miss the good old bond in his Aston Martin on the ice field. so instead, I cheered for Javier Bardem when he blew up a hole to kill bond with a subway. I love bad guys. especially when they're javier bardem.
for two hours plus, I wasn't bored but felt like I was being ridiculed. though it is always a pleasure to watch glorious dame judi dench and her dark cold eyes and her expression in control and yet her loving manner for Bond, it was a pleasure to experience a blonde javier bardem with extensive bad ass-ery in his character, it was a pleasure to watch ralph fiennes in his role as the rock of MI6 with all the memories he left in me with all his movies, including harry potter where I literally cried when voldemort died. however, bond was disappointing as he was one step ahead of a talented super hero in a suit, but more like godlike man he pretended to be, which I didn't believe in, in year 2012. it was sad for me to watch another Brit legend shake the core of my imagination and perception of life and yet witness the legend of Bond fail my expections. such a waste...
lastly, about the music: adele, you're the best. I've been humming this song since that opening credits. seems like I'll be humming more. I wish you can be one of the bond songs that got through my skin in time, like 'the world is not enough' or 'goldeneye' 

daniel, I don't like you. to me, a blond bond is a joke. especially when he is chosen after pierce brosnan. it's a prank really. though you're a handsome guy, you're not the expected bond for me.
movies are not helping you with this either. like in the first movie, where you fell in love, as it was the first story that gave you a lesson. but still, a bond falling in love just like us the mortals, oh how I hated you. as far as I can see from imdb you have two more films to go. I think I'll skip those unless ralph fiennes gets a major role in it. hope to see you in another not-bond movie.

that's all folks. I planned to write the thesis statement in English and then switch back to Turkish but I couldn't help myself. after all, this bull shit-tery must be heard by more who have expectations like me. glad to help.